Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Talk About Loyalty

Now that Preseason week 2 is over, I just wanted to get a quick overview and watch all the games before I started blogging away. Last week ended with all the Brett Favre fiasco and I started thinking about this and thought it is kind of sad. I mean what happened to the days when you said Lawrence Taylor and you thought? or Joe Montana and thought? It's kind of sad what the days of Free Agency has brought. What are people going to think years from today about T.O. - I mean really, think about it. Yeah TO the clown that played for a number of teams and never won a Superbowl with any. It's sad to see this. It's almost as if a team or player looses their identity. Players come in and out. Ron Curry I guy I met and knew as a Oakland Raider is now playing for the St. Louis Rams, Dominc Rhodes - Played a good game in the Superbowl with the Colts, is now a Carolina Panther after a few other teams in between. Albert Haynesworth, 7 years with the Titans is now a Washington Redskin and I think it is a sad sight to see him march out with the Redskins. Not because the Skins are a disgracefully team, it is because he had identity with the Titans. The list goes on and on.. Take it there are a few players out there that you can hope will ride the wave with their team such as Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Brian Urlacher, and Ben Roethlisberger.. to name a few but one never knows...

I think it would be hard to stomach Tom Brady as a Raider. On the same token it must have been hard for Green Bay fans to stomach Brett Favre as a Viking. Then for him to make the statement "a true fan would understand" ... Excuse me? I think it was taken personally by Green Bay fans and the Team. Watch the game against the Bills. The fans came out in full force, they had signs reading "Brett who" . Aaron Rogers threw for 200yards and 3 touchdowns and only played half the Game. The Defense turned the ball over 5 times. The Bills looked like cub scouts and going into the locker room with their tails between their legs at the half. Being outscored 24 to 0.. That's right as in NADA. T.O. had no part of it and I don't think he would have made a difference if he did. I think they heard those NFL Network analyst say that Minnesota will be the team to beat.. Yes it was a preseason game but I think they were making a statement - players and fans.

On the other side you had the Vikings, with Brett being tossed into the game. My guess was for a marketing scheme. Because Shame on Brad Childress for putting Favre out there. I just heard he will be playing half of the next game against Arizona as well. Shame, Shame! If you wanted to get his feet wet you should have just put him out there to hand off a few balls, and then take a seat. Because Kansas City came after him and put a hit on Brett. He threw as if he didn't know his ass from his elbow. I just hope he does not get injured in the next preseason game. Then all he will have is shattered dreams of him going out in glory.

It's unfortunate that the game has come to this, Greed. No bones about it. Loyalty, commodore, and team Identity have all been thrown out the window. Greed let's buy another billion dollar stadium, Greed lets sign another 60Million dollar contract.. Greed

No comments:

Post a Comment