Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's 11:30 PM and I am upset because I thought Madden 2010 was out today and I was wrong.. Guess I will have to wait until Friday- Woo HOO. I will be sure to give you my take on Madden plus my thoughts on the franchise.

Thought for today.. Boston Cream Cake. UMM I have a big sweet tooth ask anyone of my relatives or any of my former co-workers at the Raiders. They all knew where to get the sweets from. I was in the store today, and took a look at this wonderful Boston Cream Cake. I got to say that out of all the cakes I enjoy .. this is by far my favorite. Well just looking at this I imagined all the joy it would give me. To take it home open it up and to first get a smell of that wonderful chocolate. I would then take a knife and cut out a piece.. just cutting it gives me a preview of how moist the cake is.. I put on my plate, I then slice into it with my fork and put it into my mouth and the flavors of chocolate , cream and cake.. bring this magnificent flavor and feeling. It's like being in Disneyland.. That's where the dream stops because I realize that after I enjoy my slice the rest ends up in the fridge and 50% of it gets waisted. Yes I enjoy it but It's too much for one person since I am the only one that enjoy's it in my house.. Well Chester can't have any he's my dog.. and I don't give chocolate to my dog.....

Ok..so what the heck does this have to do with the NFL? Good question and glad you asked. Take a good look at the league and think about what all these teams that draft players, or get a high caliber free agent.. Everything sizzles and seems to be the piece they are looking for. The problem is it's not always the fastest 40 time, the strongest one, the biggest arm or the one that can leap tall buildings in a single bounce that become a Hall of Famer or Legends.. Look at Ryan Leaf A huge amount of talent in college but is considered one of the biggest bust in the NFL. Now time out this isn't bash Ryan Leaf... His talent was recognized and was drafted 2nd in the first round pick in 98 to the San Diego Chargers. Some experts already known about his maturity problems. Big question here is where is the thought process behind the picks? Yes it all looks good on paper, it feels right, and this could be the win all answer.. But because this was one persons favorite cake.. they took a gamble on it and well we all know the rest of the story. Take a look at the best teams out now, and see how this applies, it's always the ones that take the time to not only see the talent but the chemistry to make the team. As we all heard before it is a team sport and individuals stand out more when they believe in the system and the team plays as a unit.

I guess that's why they say "you can't have your cake and eat it too"

2 comments:

  1. I am now craving chocolate cake LoL..
    nice write up TM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's Jim More to come - make sure you let all the RF people to check out my blog..

    Thanks
    Tom

    ReplyDelete